Roswell Presbyterian Church
Building Area: 47,825 s.f. / 1,000 seats
Date of Completion: 1999
Type: Additions & Renovations
Location: Roswell, GA
Challenge: Delicately create a respectful addition to a historic church campus.
Solution: Roswell Presbyterian Church is located within the Historic District of Roswell, Georgia, selected BMa as their architect to provide master planning and design services. The existing campus consists of four buildings: a pre-Civil War Historic Sanctuary, a 1978 Sanctuary Building, a 1955 Education Building and a 1990 Congregational Life Building. This project scope called for demolition of the existing Sanctuary with a replacement Sanctuary Building. A Master Plan was provided for the campus.
The new, three-story Sanctuary Building was constructed in the Greek Revival style to complement the existing Historic Sanctuary. The lower level contains the Preschool facilities and the main floor encompasses the History Room, highlighting historic Church items, Narthex, Fireside Room, and a 1,000-seat Sanctuary with balcony. The carillon bell tower serves as a landmark for the city.