Since 1915, BARBERMcMURRY architects has led an evolution of ideas, values, visions and people to deliver exceptional and enduring design that is relevant in our time and reflective of the environment. Our mission is to continue this evolution through innovation and collaboration to produce meaningful projects that improve the lives of our clients and our community.
BMa delivers exceptional design through:
- Inspired creativity: BMa embraces innovative ideas and new approaches to solving design challenges. We concentrate on understanding our client's goals and delivering these ideas regardless of and with respect to scope, scale and budget.
- Open collaboration: We value collaborators who embrace our passion for exceptional design and share our view that it's the small details that make good projects great.
- Community involvement: BMa recognizes the potential impact of a project's context on the success of the design solution. Active participation in the communities we serve helps us better understand these challenges and promote engaged citizenship in our team.
- Sustainable practices: We in East Tennessee are blessed by the beauty and abundance of our natural resources. To help preserve them, BMa works toward a sustainable future, implementing design concepts and business practices that improve the social and environmental well being of our community.
Every solution BMa produces strives to reinforce our commitment to design excellence. They are delivered in a manner that fulfills the financial objectives of the firm. These design efforts bring value to our client, community, and firm that...
1. ...solve the client's functional problem, meet their budget, and bring value beyond their expectations.
2. ...conjure a deeply positive emotional and intellectual response within the beholder.
3. ...fuse the elements of design - light, material, color, landscape, and volume - to create spaces of great interest, activity, pattern, or solemnity.
4. ...through details, support the project's ultimate design potential.
5. ...are relevant and reflective of the project's position within time and environment.
6. ...are not contrived or lazy.
7. ...respect sustainable practices.
8. ...offer a fusion of a progressive aesthetic and practical performance.
9. ...seek perfection and further our craft.